I have four young boys and a big, strong husband. I have to feed them at least 3 times a day. I have been married for over 9 years and I am finally loving my kitchen. Not because it looks the way I want it to, but because I'm finally finding joy in preparing meals for my family. Maybe most of you have already met that milestone - but I'm going to go ahead a guess that a lot of you have not. The reason I'm even writing this blog is to help you, if I can.
I set a goal in the beginning of 2014 to eat healthier. Now, I would never consider myself a health nut. I love me a double double from In 'n Out Burger and I'll eat at Taco Bell any day of the week. Up until recently I would say we were average in our health food consumption. We like to eat healthy, but to be honest I am just to dang lazy to make healthy food. Whhaaattt.... does that even mean? It means I didn't really like to cook. Dinner time showed up way too fast, and by all means I was too tired to put any energy into making a healthish home cooked meal.
If you do that, I am not judging you. I've been there, I've done it and I understand. Don't feel guilty. Your family is being fed - and that's very important.
This year I just wanted to take it a step closer to healthy. So I finally said a little prayer, did a little research and wa-la! The answers came at me from all angles. Eating healthyish wasn't going to be as overwhelming as I thought! Hallelujah!
I've talked with some friends and family about the meals I've been making (because I'm so excited about it) and the best part is that they really are simple and quick and yummy!
So here we are. This BLOG. A Web Log of the meals I have been making and other tricks and tips I've discovered for simplifying life and finding more balance in my life. I'm writing about it because it is exciting to me.
I am writing this blog for you. I'm not writing to show off how amazing I am (because I'm not) - but if any of you are like me, you are looking for ways to increase the quality of your life - realistically. I just want to help if I can. That's what friends are for, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment